You can set up your television to a network either with a wired or wireless broadband connection. For the most reliable network connection, Bang & Olufsen recommends making a wired connection. Bang & Olufsen also recommends that you use a separate router and access point – a Network Link router – to ensure the most reliable playback of digital files.
In some countries, it is not possible to set up a wireless connection, and you must use a wired connection.
- Connect your television to the router with a LAN cable for a wired connection or turn on the power of your router to make a wireless connection. The router should be connected to the internet beforehand.
- Press to bring up the Home menu.
- Use the arrow buttons to select Settings and press the centre button.
- Press or to select Picture & Programmes... and press the centre button.
- Press or to select Network and press the button.
- Press or to select a menu item and press the centre button. To set up a wired connection, select Wired Connection (Ethernet). To set up a wireless connection, select Wi-Fi connection.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
For more information about network settings, LG describes:
Setting the TV Name
You can use the screen keyboard to set the name for the smart TV to be used on the network.
- Up to 30 characters can be entered in case of English alphabet.
Setting a Wired Network
The TV will be connected automatically to the network if a cable connection is established.*
To change network connection settings, select Edit in Network Settings.
*Note that the router must support DHCP for automatic connection.
Setting a Wireless Network
If you have set the TV up for a wireless network, you can check and connect to the available wireless Internet networks.
Add a hidden wireless network...
If you input the name of network directly, you can add a wireless network.
Connect via WPS PBC...
Connects easily when the button of a wireless AP supporting PBC is pressed.*
Connect via WPS PIN...
Connects easily when the PIN of the wireless AP that you wish to connect to is entered in to the AP configuration webpage.**
Advanced Wi-Fi Settings...
If you input the information of network directly, you can enter a wireless network.
*On some markets, you may also have to press the NETWORK SETUP button.
**On some markets, you must enter the PIN displayed on your TV screen in the access point's Wi-Fi device.
Using the Wi-Fi Direct Function
Wi-Fi Direct is a function that allows your TV to connect with a Wi-Fi Direct-enabled device without an Internet connection. You can open files stored on the devices that are connected via Wi-Fi Direct in the Photo & Video app and the Music app.
- Enable Wi-Fi Direct on the device to which you want to connect.
- A list of devices that can be connected to the TV is displayed.
- Select a device to connect.
- If the desired device accepts the request, Wi-Fi Direct will be connected.
- From your desired connected device, select the video, music or photo files that you want to open on your TV using the content sharing feature of smart device.
- You can open files stored on the devices that are connected via Wi-Fi Direct in the Photo & Video app and the Music app.
Using LG Connect Apps
LG Connect Apps provides apps, like photo sharing or mobile-device remotes, with the ability to access and control certain features of your TV.
Set the LG Connect Apps option to On. (When you stop using it, please change it back to Off.)
- If you want to disconnect all devices from your TV, click the Revoke Pairing on your screen.
Network Setting Warnings
- Use standard LAN cable (connect to Cat7 or higher with RJ45 connector, 10 Base-T, or 100 Base TX LAN port).
- Resetting the modem may fix some network connection problems. Turn the power OFF, disconnect and reconnect it, and then turn the power on to solve the problem.
- The network connection may not work properly because of network settings or the Internet service provider.
- DSL service must use a DSL modem; and cable service must use a cable modem. Since only a limited number of network connections may be available, TV network setting may not be used depending on the contract with Internet service provider. (If the contract does not allow more than one device per line, only the already-connected PC may be used.)
- A wireless network can experience interference from other devices that use the 2.4 GHz frequency (wireless phone, Bluetooth device, or microwave oven). Although interference can also happen when using the 5 GHz frequency, it is less likely to occur.
- The wireless environment can make wireless network service run slowly.
- Failure to turn off all local home networks may cause excessive traffic on some devices.
- The access point device must support wireless connections and wireless connection feature must be enabled on the device to have AP (access point) connection. Contact the service provider for availability of wireless connections on the access point.
- Check SSID and security settings of the AP. Refer to the appropriate documentation for SSID and security settings of the AP.
- Invalid settings of network devices (wired/wireless line sharer, hub) can cause the TV to operate slowly or not operate properly. Install the devices correctly according to the appropriate manual and network.
- The connection method may differ depending on the AP manufacturer.
Depending on the market, Wireless LAN connection may require a wireless adaptor, which is purchased separately.
When you connect your television to the internet, make sure to check the information provided by your internet service provider and refer to the guidance for the router.
For information about 3g4g connection, LG describes:
This feature allows a smart TV to connect to a network using the 3G/4G network.
- To use this feature, you need a 3G/4G dongle USB. If you want to purchase a 3G/4G USB dongle, please contact a 3G/4G service provider in your region.
- 3G/4G dongle USB compatibility is available with selected dongles only. To avoid any inconvenience, it is recommended to check the functionality of dongle in TV.
Airtel : E392, E1731, E3272s-927, E3276, E3372h-607
Huawei : E173, E303C, E3531, E369 Mini, E8221, E8231
Idea : E1732
ZTE : MF825A
Aircard 320U, STC E3276s-920
- Browsing speed may vary depending on 3G/4G signal condition.
- This function is available on certain models or in certain countries only.
Connecting to a network using a 3G/4G dongle USB...If you connect the 3G/4G dongle USB to a smart TV, the TV will be automatically connected to a network.**
*This only applies to some markets.
**If the network connection is slow and unstable, press , select Settings, Picture & Programmes..., Network, 3G/4G Connection, 3G/4G NETWORK STATUS and select RECONNECT. If the connection continues to fail, contact your 3G/4G service provider.
If you want to set the Access Point manually, press , select Settings, Picture & Programmes..., Network, 3G/4G Connection, Access Point Setting, select the Access Point you want to set, and then select Edit to enter APN, Dial No., User Name, and Password. (More detailed information is provided by your 3G/4G service provider.)