Earwax can interfere with sound quality, so the Beoplay E8 2.0 should be checked and cleaned on a regular basis.
Removing earwax is not as difficult as you might think. Cleaning your Beoplay E8 2.0 may involve a little bit of trial and error, so always start with the most gentle method.
• Warm water
• A mild detergent such as washing-up liquid
• Pre-moistened alcohol wipes
• Hydrogen peroxide
• Mineral oil
• Cotton swabs
• Earbud cleaning kit (optional)
• Dry, soft cloth
Step 1 - Clean the ear tips
Remove the ear tips from your Beoplay E8 2.0 and wash them in warm water with a bit of washing-up liquid or baby body wash. Both products are specifically formulated to break up biological matter. Rinse the ear tips thoroughly and allow them to dry completely before putting them back on the Beoplay E8 2.0.
Step 2 - Clean the earbuds
Wipe down the earbuds with the kind of alcohol-soaked wipes you find in first aid kits. This will remove any germs or bacteria that may have gathered. Dry with a dry, soft cloth.
Step 3 - Remove earwax
1. Pry out any visible earwax that has collected in the earbud using a toothpick or needle. Be extremely careful not to poke earwax further into the tube.
2. Apply a few drops of hydrogen peroxide (3% concentration or lower) to a toothbrush and gently brush it onto the earwax on your Beoplay E8 2.0. Let it sit for five minutes while the bubbling action loosens the wax. Remove it with an alcohol-soaked wipe.
3. Apply mineral oil to a cotton swab and lightly dab the oil onto the wax. Oil dissolves wax, which is why mineral oil is recommended for use in peoples’ ears. Once it has softened, wipe it away with an alcohol-soaked wipe.
The above steps should remove most earwax and allow the sound to fully reach your ears again.
You may also find our cleaning instruction video helpful: