The below animation shows how to set up Beosound Stage if you do not have a Google account.
It is required to follow these steps during the first-time setup. If your Beosound Stage is already set up, and you want to use the Beosound Stage without a Google account, it is necessary to perform a factory reset.
This can be done by pressing and holding the Setup button (with the cogwheel symbol) for 10 seconds.
How to set up without a Google account
- Connect to the Internet. This can be done either by using a wired Ethernet connection or the Apple WAC setup (iOS only). Apple WAC setup is shown in the animation below.
1.1 If using a wired Ethernet connection, proceed to step 2.
1.2 If using the Apple WAC setup procedure (iOS only): Go to Settings, select Wi-Fi, and select your Beosound Stage when it appears as ‘Setup new AirPlay speaker’ at the bottom of the list of available networks. Choose to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Bang & Olufsen app
- Press the "+" symbol to add your product.
- Select your product and follow the on-screen instructions, until you reach the ‘Enable Chromecast built-in’ page
- Select ‘Skip’
- Continue to follow the on-screen instructions until the product is ready for use.
Optional - If you still want to use Chromecast
- Select your product on the front page of the Bang & Olufsen app
- Select ‘Product Settings’
- Select ‘Configure’.
- Navigate to ‘Your Content’ and select ‘Chromecast built-in’
- Press ‘Enable’ and accept the terms and conditions.
Your Beosound Stage is now fully set up and ready to be used with Chromecast.
You can also watch the video below for the step-by-step instructions: